PRIVACY STATEMENT SUMMARY FOR SPEEDEX.
Speedex Same Day takes your privacy seriously. It is important that you know exactly what we do with personal information that you and others provide to us, why we gather it and what it means to you. This document is being provided to you in line with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will come into force on 25 May 2018. From that date, the GDPR, together with applicable Irish requirements, will amend existing data protection law and place enhanced accountability and transparency obligations on organisations when using your information, including a right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried out for the delivery of our Services. Please take the time to read this notice carefully. (If you have any questions about how we use your information, please contact Speedex at the address details below).
This summary explains Speedex Same Day data practice and tells you about the information we collect about you.
What type of information we may hold on you.
- We hold data to identify you or your company, name address and contact details.
- Bank Account and/or Credit Cards Details in relation to payments due and owing.
- We may hold any information about your Company/Business/Services.
- We may hold information on your clients/customers name, address and contact details for delivery related purposes only.
When we collect your information.
We start to collect your information when you use our services.
How we use your information and the legal basis.
We use and share your data only where;
- When it is necessary in relation to the services we provide (delivering to your clients/customers on your behalf).
- To contact you in an emergency relating to the performance of our service.
- Under legal obligation.
How do we use automated processing or ‘analytics’?
We do not use any automated processing or analytics of your personal or sensitive information.
With whom we might share your information.
- Statutory or regulatory bodies including central and local government, and law enforcement authorities under disclosure orders or other relevant regulations.
- Health & Safety Authority in the case of accidents or incidents at work.
How long we hold your data.
How long we hold your data is subject to legislation and regulatory rules we must follow, set by authorities such as the Department of Finance, Health Service Executive, Health & Safety Authority, and Revenue. Usually this means that we hold your data while you use our services and for a period thereafter in line with our records retention and destruction policy.
From 25th May 2018, you will have several enhanced rights in relation to how we use your information including the right, without undue delay, to:
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive copies of your information;
- Have inaccurate/incomplete information corrected and updated;
- Object to particular use of your personal data for our legitimate business;
- In certain circumstances, to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted;
- Exercise the right to data portability (i.e. obtain a transferable copy of your information we hold to transfer to another provider); and
- To withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights you can contact us at any time.
If we are unable to deal with your request fully within a calendar month (due to the complexity or number of requests) we may extend this period by a further two calendar months and shall explain the reason why. If you make your request electronically, we will try to provide you with the relevant information electronically if possible.
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner. You can contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at:
|Telephone:||+353 57 8684800
+353 (0)761 104 800
|Lo Call Number||1890 252 231|
|Postal Address||Data Protection Commissioner
R32 AP23 Co. Laois, Ireland
How to contact us
If you have questions about how we use your information, you can reach our Data Protection Officer at by mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Speedex Same Day, Unit 15A, Doughcloyne Court Industrial Estate, Wilton Cork T12 YF7T Ireland.
We may have to update our Data Privacy Notice from time to time. Any updates will be made available and where appropriate on our web site www.speedex.ie
What do I do now?
You do not need to do anything following receipt of this notice. Speedex Same Day wishes to assure you that we endeavour to operate in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
17th May 2018